Box set: Ladies and Gentlemen...Mr B.B. King
Release date: 24 September 2012
'B.B. King is one of America’s few, long-standing musical treasures whose stature has grown to an unassailable, international level. Despite his 85 years, King continues to tour, perform and to grow in influence, casting a shadow that reaches far beyond the blues scene from whence he first came. His warm, downhome vocal style, his distinctive, “talking” blues guitar playing, and his songs that sing of love’s joys and hardships – Sweet Sixteen, How Blue Can You Get?, Help The Poor, The Thrill Is Gone and countless others – are all indelibly imprinted elements in the modern musical heritage.' – Ashley Kahn
Celebrating his 50th-anniversary signing to ABC-Paramount Records in 1962, Universal Music brings you this multi-format career retrospective, a slick 10-CD, 194-track collection chronicling his entire career from his first recordings in 1949 through to his most recent studio album. Housed in a beautiful luxe box, the package includes a 72-page silver-gilded hardback book, featuring essays from Ashley Kahn and Dick Shurman. The box set is also packed with glorious images and memorabilia, illustrating King's incredible career. All lovingly assembled and engineered by Universal's Grammy Award winning consultants Bill Levenson and Andy McKaie.
- Two CDs chronicling his early years on Bullet, Modern/RPM and Kent/Crown Records
- Eight CDs chronicling his recording achievements on ABC-Paramount, ABC Bluesway, ABC, ABC/Impulse, MCA and Geffen Records, as well as high profile collaborations
- Key recordings from every ABC/MCA/Geffen era album
- Rare, non-album singles
- Rare album tracks
- Rare “One Touch” EP tracks:
- Packaging to feature career spanning photos and memorabilia, essays by noted authors Ashley Kahn and Dick Shurman, extensive recording credits
- 4CD Cutdown Box
- Digital Deluxe Edition
- Digital Exclusives
More information / press enquiries
Don't miss great Prescription stories and content
- Get our press releases delivered to your inbox
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Facebook
- Subscribe via RSS
- Get our free must-have tips and advice on music promotion
- Visit www.prescriptionpr.co.uk to find out more about our music PR and band promotion services.
More informationIf you would like some more information about this release, or would like to contact us about interview opportunities / review copies, just contact us via our press enquiries form.
Subscribe to our press releases
You can click here to subscribe to our press releases - we'll send you a weekly digest of all our latest releases.