Tour announcement: Vennart
Tour dates: November 2015
More info: Artist website
Ex-Oceansize frontman and current Biffy Clyro touring guitarist Mike Vennart released his debut solo album titled ‘The Demon Joke’ in June, receiving fantastic reviews along the way. Now following a run of dates earlier this year, Vennart is pleased to announce more headlining shows for this November.
Support on all dates comes from psychedelic rockers Knifeworld and noise-rock guitar/drum duo Cleft.
For the live shows, Mike is joined by ex-Oceansize cohorts Steve Durose & Richard ‘Gambler’ Ingram, as well as former Ginger Wildheart drummer Denzel. A live clip for the track ‘Retaliate’ was recently launched, filmed during the short UK headline tour in May, and you can check it out here.
‘The Demon Joke’ will be familiar territory to fans of Mike’s old band, but this time with a maturity and optimism lacking in his previous work. The album is a rich, densely layered, emotional psychedelic fuzz-rock odyssey.
Press reaction to date:
- “The Demon Joke is an utter joy of a record” – Drowned In Sound
- “A euphoric record that existing fans and newcomers alike will relish.” – Rocksound
- “a unique exhibition of the inner recesses of Mike’s almost unparalleled musical mind.” 4K’s – Kerrang!
- “The wait’s been worth it – it’s a pleasure to have him back.” – Classic Rock
- “As ‘The Demon Joke’ thrives, Vennart stands tall wearing a grin.” – Upset Magazine
More informationIf you would like some more information about this release, or would like to contact us about interview opportunities / review copies, just contact us via our press enquiries form.
Subscribe to our press releases
You can click here to subscribe to our press releases - we'll send you a weekly digest of all our latest releases.