Single release: 'Lawman' by Girl Band
Release date: 10 January 2014
Label: Any Other City
Listen: on Bandcamp
Firstly, Girl Band does not contain any girls. They are a four piece in their late teens / early 20's from Dublin, wet behind the ears, and they play music that does not fit comfortably under one genre. Somewhere between Pissed Jeans, !!!, Modern Lovers, Shellac and Liars, they somehow sound like all and none of those at all. Ask them their influences and they'll tell you "Daft Punk".
Live they are a wall of noise. Disparate and desperate in equal measure. Their music is all sinew and wires, burgeoning excitement, in their heads as much for the dance floors as it is for punk dives.
"Lawman" will be released on limited 7", on cotton duck fabric, hand stitched and hand numbered up to 300.
You can pre-order direct from the band on Bandcamp.
"Rules in excelsis" - The Quietus
"Noise-pop genius" - Drowned In Sound
"Gnarly alternative to moon eyed psychadelia, chanelling the sick lurch of Nirvana and Mudhoney through Pissed Jeans' cleverly gormless humour" - NME
- 15th Jan - Brighton UK - The Green Door Store - Free in
- 16th Jan - Groningen NL - Eurosonic Noorderslag - Huis De Beurs
- 17th Jan - Tilburg NL - Incubated XL Festival - 013
- 18th Jan - Groningen NL - Galerie Sign - Free in
- 21st Jan - Rotterdam NL - Poortgebouw
- 23rd Jan - London UK - The Old Blue Last - Free in
- 30th Jan - Limerick IE- Bourkes Bar
- 01st Feb - Cork IE - Crane Lane Theatre
- 08th Feb - Dublin IE - Whelans
- 13th Feb - Galway IE - Roisin
More informationIf you would like some more information about this release, or would like to contact us about interview opportunities / review copies, just contact us via our press enquiries form.
Subscribe to our press releases
You can click here to subscribe to our press releases - we'll send you a weekly digest of all our latest releases.