Tour announcement: Japandroids support The Gaslight Anthem on Tour, March-April 2013
Following on from their current tour of Asia and Australia, on top of touring the world throughout 2012 in support of the much-lauded album Celebration Rock, Vancouver duo Japandroids will be returning to the UK and Europe for a full tour supporting punk rockers The Gaslight Anthem. The tour kicks off on the 21st March at Bristol Academy, taking in two dates at London's Troxy at the end of the month before blazing onto Europe in April. Read on for tour dates.
Japandroids UK/EU Tour Dates Supporting The Gaslight Anthem
- Thurs 21/03 Bristol Academy, UK
- Fri 22/03 Bristol Academy
- Sat 23/03 Leeds Academy
- Sun 24/03 Glasgow Academy
- Mon 25/03 Glasgow Academy
- Wed 27/03 Manchester Academy
- Thurs 28/03 Manchester Academy
- Fri 29/03 London Troxy
- Sa 30/03 London Troxy
- Mon 01/04 Dusseldorf Mitsubishi Hall, Germany
- Wed 03/04 Copenhagen Store Vega, Denmark
- Thurs 04/04 Oslo Rockefeller, Norway
- Fri 04/05 Stockholm Berns, Sweden
- Sat 04/06 Gothenburg Tragarn, Sweden
Press praise for 'Celebration Rock'
- "I think it's the best rock record I've heard this year." - NPR's 'All Things Considered'
- "A rock record for the ages" - Pitchfork, 'Best New Music' (8.8)
- "Every track’s an anthem, every second precious, on this breathless new album." - BBC Music
- "Belligerent, loud but surprisingly catchy" - Uncut
About 'Celebration Rock'
Japandroids released their long awaited follow-up to their critically acclaimed 2009 debut Post-Nothing, Celebration Rock, in summer 2012 in the UK. The album was produced by Jesse Gander at Hive Creative Labs and Japandroids and has been called "one of the year's most thrilling rock records" by Rolling Stone. International critics have unanimously agreed with that, as evidenced below by glowing reviews on Drowned in Sound and Stereogum. The album was shortlisted for the prestigious Polaris Prize in Canada and received many album of the year plaudits including Rolling Stone Top 10 Albums of the Year. Plus Japandroids were crowned Band Of The Year by SPIN and House That Heaven Built was voted no 1 Song of 2012 by Paste.
- See exactly why audiences all over the globe love Japandroids' inciendiary live show through this Pitchfork Music Festival clip of 'Fire's Highway'.
- Watch Japandroids' first music video for their single 'The House That Heaven Built'. The video finds director Jim Larson traveling with the band on their summer US tour, filming their sold out shows in Toronto, Montreal, Boston, NYC, Brooklyn, DC and the band's life on the road in between.
More information / press enquiries
Don't miss great Prescription stories and content
- Get our press releases delivered to your inbox
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Facebook
- Subscribe via RSS
- Get our free must-have tips and advice on music promotion
- Visit our website to find out more about our music PR, band promotion and music website design services.
More informationIf you would like some more information about this release, or would like to contact us about interview opportunities / review copies, just contact us via our press enquiries form.
Subscribe to our press releases
You can click here to subscribe to our press releases - we'll send you a weekly digest of all our latest releases.