EP release: Ignite by The Detours
Release date: March 12 2012
Formed in 2006, The Detours’ combination of energetic guitar riffs and soaring sing-a-long choruses has seen them amass a legion of loyal fans. The band have had the pleasure of sharing stages with many distinguished artists including Bury Tomorrow, Asking Alexandria, The Answer and Slaves To Gravity to name but a few. A slight re-jig of the primary lineup in 2010 saw the introduction of the very experienced vocalist Matt Littlefair. With his arrival, a maturity in the band’s songwriting developed, and his cleaner vocal added new dimensions, possibilities and commercial appeal.
Having appeared live on Channel 4’s ‘Orange Unsigned’ show, and beaten off over 10,000 other acts to win Live & Unsigned 2009, The Detours have unsurprisingly become renowned for their dynamic live shows. With their debut EP, Ignite, they hope to capture that energy for which they’ve become so well known. Opening track One Last Chance recalls Four Ways To Scream Your Name-era Funeral For A Friend, the title track riffs itself into a frenzy, while Free simply soars its way to the finish line.
2011 was a year of firsts for the band; first festival appearance, first single launch and first music video. 2012 welcomes The Detours with open arms, and will kick off fully when they play select Scottish tour dates with Attack! Attack! this February.
More information / press enquiries
Don't miss great Prescription stories and content
- Get our press releases delivered to your inbox - subscribe at www.prescriptionmusicpruk.com/press-releases/
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/prescriptionpr
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/prescriptionpr
- Subscribe via RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/prescriptionpr
- Get our free must-have tips and advice on music promotion - subscribe to The Prescription e-newsletter.
- Visit www.prescriptionpr.co.uk to find out more about our music PR services.
More informationIf you would like some more information about this release, or would like to contact us about interview opportunities / review copies, just contact us via our press enquiries form.
Subscribe to our press releases
You can click here to subscribe to our press releases - we'll send you a weekly digest of all our latest releases.