Album release: Mutiny on the Bounty, Trials
Release date: 3 September 2012
Label: September 3, Best Before Records
After a summer of tearing up some of the world’s most important festivals, including SXSW, The Great Escape, Roskilde and Primavera, the progressive-rock act Mutiny On The Bounty have signed to Best Before Records who will release their second album, Trials, to the UK audience. After their debut received wide critical acclaim, they have taken the next step up with a new home, two new band members and new producer for an altogether new sound on album two.
Trials was recorded in Seattle with top producer Matt Bayles, famous for his work with Pearl Jam, Russian Circles, Mastodon, Isis and Fall Of Troy. Their distinctive sound is heavier than ever but now incorporates electronic elements and greater melody without sacrificing the complex musicianship that initially won them their fanbase.
Simply put, the record sounds huge – Trials is a mix of post-metal instrumentals, heavy syncopated rhythms fitting somewhere between The Mars Volta and a young King Crimson and/or Mutiny’s own brand of Minus The Bear / Fall Of Troy-esque math-rock. From the pummelling breakdowns in Myanmar to the melodic suss of new single Artifacts (out 27 August) there is variety here originating from a band playing without boundaries. Enviable musicianship is complimented by a greater focus on songcraft, showing MOTB’s increased maturity throughout.
The band have previously toured playing with the likes of Biffy Clyro, Coheed and Cambria, Portugal the Man and And So I Watch You From Afar and will start their headline tour in support of the new album in September.
Catch Mutiny On The Bounty live at the following dates:
- Wed 12.09 Green Door Store, Brighton, UK.
- Thu 13.09 Party Hard @ The Unit, Southampton, UK.
- Fri 14.09 Crauford Arms, Milton Keynes, UK.
- Sat 15.09 The Studio, Hartlepool, UK.
- Sun 16.09 Captain's Rest, Glasgow, UK.
- Mon 17.09 Brudenell Social Club, Leeds, UK.
- Tue 18.09 Firebug Leicester, UK.
- Wed 19.09 Old Blue Last, London, UK
More information / press enquiries
Don't miss great Prescription stories and content
- Get our press releases delivered to your inbox
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Facebook
- Subscribe via RSS
- Get our free must-have tips and advice on music promotion
- Visit www.prescriptionpr.co.uk to find out more about our music PR and band promotion services.