Tour announcement: Anamanaguchi, European tour
Dates: Jan 30th to Feb 10th 2014
Listen / find out more on: official Anamanaguchi website
The explosive Brooklyn indie/dance hacker boy band Anamanaguchi unleash themselves on the UK yet again this January / February as part of their 2014 European Tour.
The full run of dates looks like this:
- Thurs, Jan 30th – Belfast, McHughs
- Fri, Jan 31st - Dublin, Academy 2
- Mon, Feb 3rd – Glasgow, King Tuts
- Tues, Feb 4th – Manchester, Night and Day
- Wed, Feb 5th – London, Heaven
- Fri, Feb 7th – Amsterdam, Melkweg
- Sat, Feb 8th – Berlin, Urban Spree @ WinterBar
- Mon, Feb 10th – Paris, Point Ephemere
The band stuck their toes in British waters last September when Anamana fever was high after their neon splashed, electronically anthemic and sweetly escapist album ‘Endless Fantasy’ invaded our shores last summer transporting us all to a polygon dreamworld. Using vintage videogame hardware (and using it really fucking well) the band have inspired a generation of internet romantics, effortlessly tapping into any and all technological opportunities available.. (..or hacked). Tickets to their sweaty show at The Garage in London sold out well in advance, practically off the back of a single tweet and Facebook message.
Refusing to merely huddle over laptops to emit their euphoric electronics, they instead opt to pedal impossible sound effects out of their real life instruments. You can expect beautiful carnage at their forthcoming dates, not to mention light shows that will confuse nuclear missile deterrent systems. It will be the most fun you can have inside this green and pleasant land – like an exhilarating game of lazer quest with no ninja skills necessary.
Recently signed to Alcopop! Records (Johnny foreigner/ Fight Like Apes – AIM’s Small Label of The Year 2013) Anamanaguchi boast a humungous fanbase. Their loyal champs raised them over $277k kickstarter fund in just 30 days, while last summer’s hit track ‘Endless Fantasy’ made Number 1 in the US Billboard Heatseekers chart in the US. Alongside an appearance on Jimmy Fallon; videogame soundtrack credits including Rock Band, Bit Trip Runner and Scott Pilgrim (which debuted at Heatseekers Number 3); and official remix credits for Cyndi Lauper, Matt & Kim, Das Racist, M83, Fang Island and more, Anamanaguchi are certainly an act in demand. With a ceaseless energy, the band will always gleefully meet their audience with CPUs in their heads and emojis in their hearts.
Single - exclusive version
- Prom Night (NEW EDIT)
- Prom Night (NEW EDIT instrumental)
- Prom Night (Lindsay Lowend Remix)
- “8-bit synths and appropriately fuzzed-out beats” – Pitchfork
- “distills the agony and ecstasy of power-ups, extra lives and checkpoints into jolts of 8-bit flavored pop-punk…” – Noisey
- “one of the most eclectic, psychedelic, and out-of-this-world-sounding indie bands to arise in a long time” – Earmilk