Alternative music PR
We are a company comprised of people who have been there and bought the T shirt. We have played in bands (that have featured in, Kerrang!, Rock Sound, NME and many more), run record labels (with enough of an ear for talent to have recorded the very first Bloc Party single), written for national publications and run international projects for some of the biggest artists in the world.
We haven’t forgotten, however, what it’s like to be a new band, making your first steps out of the local scene in search of wider notoriety, and we are particularly good at breaking new alternative artists.
We consider our knowledge of alternative markets – from the heaviest acts to the most melodic - second to none, both on the web and at national print press. So if you are planning a new release please contact us to discuss ways we can help.
Clients and track record
In addition to working with many an unsigned artist our team have worked with bands including:
- Angels & Airwaves
- Third Eye Blind
- D Generation
- Smashing Pumpkins
- Lonely The Brave
- Johnny Foreigner
- The Wildhearts
- Faith No More
- Minor Threat
- Diamond Head
We have also worked with key labels such as Epitaph, The End, Svart Records, Big Scary Monsters, Wolf At Your Door, PIAS, Geffen and Sanctuary.
Breaking new acts
We have a great track record in obtaining coverage for unknown and unsigned alternative acts. For example…
- We have been close allies of Lonely The Brave since they made their earliest recordings, and oversaw their first press placements in Classic Rock, Kerrang!,Total Guitar and Rock Sound. We subsequently managed them, securing a signing to Hassle Records and support appearances to Deftones, Bruce Springsteen and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and UK tours with Don Broco and Therapy?.
- We took on Beastmilk at the end of 2013 and achieved press most people would consider beyond a metal group - their stunning debut, “Climax”, received plaudits from Classic Rock, Metal Hammer, Terrorizer and Bizarre but also broke into the pages of The Guardian, The Financial Times,NME, Clash and even The Daily Mirror. As we write this, the record is about to sell out of its third pressing.
- We helped Norweigen act Spirits Of The Dead self-release their album in the UK with no prior profile in the country. They finished 2010 listed by Classic Rock as having made one of the “top albums of the year”, appeared in the magazine’s Critic’s Choice and ended up on the covermount CD amongst the “Best Of 2010”. Their track appeared next to Slash on the running order!
- We advised unsigned act The Perfect Crime on everything from artwork to the setting up of their own label and the best tracks to release. We then secured extensive coverage for the band in Metal Hammer, Rock Sound, Big Cheese, Classic Rock, Powerplay, Kerrang! and Terrorizer, amongst others. The band are now about to head on their second UK tour.
- In 2011/12 we achieved extensive coverage for The Super Happy Fun Club in Kerrang!, Big Cheese, Rock Sound, Black Velvet and all manner of zines, as they went on to support Madina Lake and My Passion on a full UK tour.
- Further unsigned artists like The Detours have also been in Kerrang!, while Syd Arthur saw themselves receive a full page feature in Classic Rock Prog. Smokey Bastard achieved a full page in Big Cheese and Viva La Rock, and This Is Freedom scored features in K!, Big Cheese, Rock Sound and Black Velvet as well as targeted digital PR on the likes of large independent sites like Punktastic, Alter The Press and Ourzone.
To find out how we can help generate extensive coverage for your act, just contact us today.
Our other music PR services
If you'd like to read more about the other genres for which we provide music publicity, you can view all our music PR services here.