Rock music PR
A detailed press knowledge of rock markets
Rock music is a broad church. Some people think of it as classic rock, some people think of it as heavy metal and some consider it as indie, folk-rock or simply rock n roll. Whatever your interpretation, Prescription has the knowledge and background in that area to make a campaign work for you.
We are a company comprised of people who have been there and bought the T shirt. We have played in bands (that have featured in Kerrang!, Rock Sound, NME and many more), run record labels (with enough of an ear for talent to have recorded the very first Bloc Party single), written for national publications and run international projects for some of the biggest and best artists in the world.
We haven’t forgotten, however, what it’s like to be a new band, taking your first steps out of the local scene in search of wider notoriety, and we are particularly good at breaking new rock artists.
We consider our press knowledge of rock markets – from the heaviest acts to the most melodic - second to none, be that in the web or in the national press. So if you are planning a new release please contact us to discuss ways we can help.
In addition to working with many an unsigned artist our team have worked with bands including:
- Third Eye Blind
- D Generation
- Swedish Death Candy
- And So I Watch You From Afar
- Smashing Pumpkins
- The Rolling Stones
- Lonely The Brave
- The Velvet Underground
- The Wildhearts
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
- Syd Arthur
- Sabbath Assembly
- The Charlatans
- Black Sabbath
- The Beach Boys
- Faith No More
We have also worked with key labels such as Epitaph, Big Scary Monsters, Wolf At Your Door, PIAS, Geffen and Sanctuary.
- We have been close allies of Lonely The Brave since they made earliest recordings, overseeing their first press placements including Classic Rock, Kerrang!, Total Guitar and Rock Sound and then managing them through their signing to Hassle Records into breakthrough years in 2013 and 2014 (which led to supports to Deftones, Bruce Springsteen and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and UK tours with Don Broco and Therapy?).
- We took on Beastmilk at the end of 2013 and achieved press most people would not have expected - their stunning debut “Climax” received plaudits from Classic Rock, Metal Hammer, Terrorizer and Bizarre but also broke into the pages of The Guardian, The Financial Times, NME, Clash and even The Daily Mirror. As we write this, the record is about to sell out of its third pressing.
- We worked with Russian rock act Biting Elbows on their “Bad Motherfucker” video and helped make it go viral across the world. Aside from gaining coverage across music blogs, it also made news in The Huffington Post, The New York Times and received plaudits from, amongst others, Darren Aronofsky (Black Swan, Requiem For A Dream). As it stands the video has over 20,000,000 (real) views on YouTube.
- We helped Norweigen act Spirits Of The Dead self-release their album in the UK with no prior profile in the country. They finished 2010 listed by Classic Rock as having made one of the “top albums of the year”, appearing in the magazine’s Critic’s Choice and ending up on the covermount CD amongst the magazine’s “Best Of 2010”. Their track appeared next to Slash on the running order! We have worked two albums for the band since, both receiving over 10 pieces of key print press each.
- We advised unsigned act The Perfect Crime on everything from artwork to the setting up of their own label and the best tracks to release. We then secured extensive coverage for the band in Metal Hammer, Rock Sound, Big Cheese, Classic Rock, Powerplay, Kerrang! and Terrorizer, amongst others. The band are now about to head on their second UK tour.
- We have worked with all manner of classic groups and secured what classic music demands - exclusives with The Telegraph for The Rolling Stones, a perfect 10 score for The Velvet Underground on Pitchfork and extensive NME coverage for The Charlatans. We are currently running a campaign for 25-million selling Manchester act, James; we’re prepared and able to deliver to meet any expectation.
Contact us about rock PR
For more information about our rock music PR services, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Our other music PR services
If you'd like to read more about the other genres for which we provide music publicity, you can view all our music PR services here.
From our blog