Album release: Clear Heart Full Eyes by Craig Finn
Label: Full Time Hobby
Release date: 23 January 2011
Craig Finn, frontman of the critically acclaimed group The Hold Steady, has confirmed the release of his debut solo album, Clear Heart Full Eyes, on Full-Time Hobby Records on 23 January 2011.
Earlier this year, Finn challenged himself to write a new song every day in his Brooklyn apartment. "I had written a bunch of songs that were outside of the norm for The Hold Steady, a little quieter and perhaps more narrative," says Finn. "I wanted to gain some experience and insight into the process of making a record by working with new people."
Finn travelled to Austin, Texas in July, removing himself from all familiar surroundings, to record the album with producer Mike McCarthy (Spoon, Trail of Dead). Of the album's title, Finn says, ”It's a juxtaposed reference to 'Friday Night Lights,' a TV show that excited and moved me and also happened in Texas. Further, 'Clear Heart' signifies honesty and transparency, and 'Full Eyes' suggests experience."
Finn's solo album features a variety of guests, including members of White Denim, Phosphorescent, The Heartless Bastards and Centro-matic.
2012 tour dates will be announced soon. The Clear Heart Full Eyes tracklist is as follows:
1) Apollo Bay
2) When No One’s Watching
3) No Future
4) New Friend Jesus
6) Terrified Eyes
7) Western Pier
8) Honolulu Blues
9) Rented Room
11) Not Much Left Of Us
'Making of' video
Craig has also posted a “making of” video about the record here:
Instore gig at Rough Trade East
Craig Finn play an intimate instore gig at Rough Trade East on Wed 25 January at 7pm in support of his debut solo album. For more information about this event please see the Rough Trade website.
More information / press enquiries
Don't miss great Prescription stories and content
- Get our press releases delivered to your inbox - subscribe at www.prescriptionmusicpruk.com/press-releases/
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/prescriptionpr
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/prescriptionpr
- Subscribe via RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/prescriptionpr
- Get our free must-have tips and advice on music promotion - subscribe to The Prescription e-newsletter.
- Visit www.prescriptionpr.co.uk to find out more about our music PR services.