Video Release: “Anything I Do Is All Right”
Watch: on Youtube
Happyness have just unveiled their first ever music video, for “Anything I Do Is All Right”, the lead track from their forthcoming “Anything I Do Is All Right” EP. The EP, out September 1st, is a digital only release which arrives just as the band gear up for a headline run in October. Having spent May on the road with Ezra Furman, appeared at Liverpool Sound City and Live At Leeds, as well as booking in summer appearances at festivals like Reading, Leeds, Bestival, Secret Garden Party and Green Man, the band are set for what is sure to be their busiest tour yet.
The band comment: “One night in Bermondsey, we wanted to make a louder one. It’s kind of about getting your personality off the internet or the television or pornography or whatever you’re hooked on. We’re going on tour again, it will be nice to get as close as possible to as many people as possible.”
Taking in a show at London’s Elektrowerkz on October 14th, the band will be translating their trademark brand of bracing, but literate, fuzzy alt rock to live audiences in the UK, before taking their first steps in the USA at this year’s CMJ.
- Oct 8 - The Rocking Chair, Sheffield | Buy tickets
- Oct 10 - The Parish, Huddersfield | Buy tickets
- Oct 11 - Twisterella Festival - Middlesbrough | Buy tickets
- Oct 12 - The Fulford Arms, York | Buy tickets
- Oct 14 - Electrowerkz, London | Buy tickets
- Oct 15 - Hare & Hounds, Birmingham | Buy tickets
- Oct 16 - The Old Bookshop, Bristol | Buy tickets
- Oct 17 - The Cookie, Leicester | Buy tickets
The ‘Anything I Do Is All Right’ EP is released on 1st September and
. The album Weird Little Birthday is out now.
- “There is absolutely no reason not to fall in love with this debut album, and if you come up with one, you’re wrong.” - Sunday Times
- “It feels only a matter of time till this South London trio explode” - NME 8/10
- “Happyness switch effortlessly between fuzzy pop and downcast, desolate, ballads… thrilling and charming” - The Guardian ****
- “A special band”- DIY
- “Weird Little Birthday oozes a woozy optimism that borders on the euphoric” - Loud & Quiet
- “it’s difficult not to warm to any record that quotes Prefab Sprout’s Cars And Girls in one breath and uses the word ‘phlebotomist’ in the next” - Q ****
- “Affectionate homage to the post-Grunge era” - Uncut 8/10
- “One of the finest new bands on the face of this Earth” - Stereogum
- “They’ve got big ideas and big talent… Happyness could be ruling many a roost.” - The Line of Best Fit