Box set release: Spiderland by Slint
Release date: 16 April 2014
Label: Touch and Go Records
Box set preview: on Youtube
On April 15th, seminal Louisville band Slint will release a deluxe box set version of Spiderland on Touch and Go Records. It is now available for pre-order.
The box set will include:
- Slint's 1991 album, Spiderland, remastered from the original analog master tapes by Bob Weston and pressed on 180 gram vinyl.
- Fourteen previously unreleased outtakes & demos personally selected by Slint, mastered by Bob Weston, and pressed on two 180 gram vinyl albums
- A 104 page book with over 100 never-before-seen photos documenting Slint's entire history, as well as lyrics to the songs on Spiderland, and a foreword by Will Oldham
- CDs of all the music: remastered Spiderland on one CD and the 14 bonus songs on a second CD Breadcrumb Trail, a brand new, never-before-seen, 90 minute DVD documentary about Slint and the making of Spiderland; directed by documentarian Lance Bangs. Includes extensive interviews with the members of Slint, as well as interviews with Steve Albini, James Murphy, David Yow, Ian Mackaye, and Matt Sweeney.
- Hand numbered limited edition of 3,138 copies worldwide
- All packaging printed in the USA at Stoughton, including heavyweight, "tip-on" gatefold LP jackets
- All three albums pressed at RTI in the USA on 180 gram vinyl
Packaging concept and design is by Louisville native Jeremy deVine (of Temporary Residence fame).
The Spiderland (remastered) Box Set is now available for pre-order directly from Touch and Go Records. Pre-orders received prior to March 8 will receive a free T-Shirt created from the recently discovered silk screen that Slint personally used to hand print their one & only 1989 tour T-shirt. These shirts will only be available with box set pre-orders from Touch and Go Records. They will not be sold separately or in stores.
Additionally, a limited quantity of box sets have been signed by all four Slint members. These signed box sets are only available from the Touch and Go Records pre-order web page.
Journalists and bloggers should contact us for more information, including hi-res pics, hi-res art and full track listing.