Tour / single announcement: Wampire to play UK and European tour dates in November
Single stream: available on Soundcloud here
Rocky Tinder and Eric Phipps, the songwriting duo behind Wampire, first began to make a name for themselves in the same Portland, Oregon, scene that has produced Polyvinyl labelmates STRFKR as well as Unknown Mortal Orchestra. It's a scene they get asked about a lot.
It makes sense, then, that Wampire came to Polyvinyl’s attention when the duo opened for STRFKR at a hometown Portland show and that UMO’s bassist Jacob Portrait produced Wampire’s debut full-length, Curiosity.
This debut album, released in May, was hotly received in both the US and the UK and saw the band make their first appearance on British soil, packing out The Shacklewell Arms and wowing an enthusiastic, sweltering crowd in the midst of summer.
The band will be back for their second headlining date in London, this time at The Lexington, and a support slot to their good friends Unknown Mortal Orchestra the day after at Electric Ballroom. They will also take in dates in Bristol, Brighton and Manchester before heading on to dates across the rest of Europe.
A new single, the propulsive, melodic Giants, will be released to coinicide with the tour.
You can view a full list of tour dates on the official Wampire website. The UK and European dates commence in November.
- Stream forthcoming single, "Giants" here
- Stream their first single, "The Hearse", here
- Stream "Spirit Forest" here
- Watch their video to "Orchards" here
Selected praise for Wampire & debut album "Curiousity":
- "The year's most freaked-out pop record." The Fly ****
- "Fervid, yet mesmeric..." Mojo ****
- "Creepy, but in a good way..." The Guardian
- Band To Watch - Stereogum
- "Frantic, experimental, exploratory pop" Uncut
- Dazed Digital Album Of The Month