Album reissue: Five Leaves Left by Nick Drake
Release date: July 29, 2013
Label: Island / USM
Nick Drake’s bucolic autumnal shades in his debut album of a similar name, heralded a new signing for Island Records: not traditional enough to be folk, not weird enough to be psychedelic, Drake avoided the pitfalls of what was expected and collaborated with producer Joe Boyd, orchestrator Robert Kirby and recording engineer John Wood to make a singular and almost unique record released to a largely indifferent media.
A few leaves fell in the right place and Nick’s reputation grew, despite his early death at 24 in 1976, escalating into the world-wide fame he enjoys today. Released initially only on vinyl and cassette, these formats became redundant with the dawning of CD and downloads - leaving a gaping hole that was filled by high collectors prices for original pressings and the inevitable poor quality bootlegs.
- Mastered from original master-tapes at Abbey Road Studios by original engineer John Wood
- Analogue Pressing onto 180GSM audiophile virgin vinyl
- Gatefold sleeve, inner sleeve, paper labels
- Original shop poster
- Reprint of Nick's handwritten lyrics to two songs
- Digital download/ card- 3 Formats: lo and hi res plus Dubbed-From-Disc
More information / press enquiries
Don't miss great Prescription stories and content
- Get our press releases delivered to your inbox
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Facebook
- Subscribe via RSS
- Get our free must-have tips and advice on music promotion
- Visit our website to find out more about our music PR, band promotion and music website design services.