Box set: The Studio Recordings by The Jam
Release date: November 25 2013
One of the most popular bands to emerge from the UK punk rock scene of 1977, The Jam had a phenomenal impact on pop music and wider youth culture. In their short career, along with the likes of the Sex Pistols and The Clash, they influenced a generation with their music, style, politics and inspiration.
Taking creative direction from a wide sphere of influences – The Who, Dr Feelgood, The Kinks and Motown amongst others, they achieved 18 consecutive Top 40 singles in the UK (including 4 number 1s) - they had a fanatical following, their singles entering straight in the top 10, or number 1 in some cases. Their gigs sold out within minutes.
Still beloved of original fans and new supporters through Paul Weller’s solo career – he still plays many of the Jam songs in his live sets today.
November 25 sees UMC-Polydoor release of an 8-album vinyl box set and download card.
Box set features
- Eight piece vinyl-only box set – limited edition
- All six studio albums, re-mastered
- Two brand new discs of non-album singles and b-sides
- Heavyweight vinyl
- 44-page hardback book with new liner notes by John Harris (Guardian / Mojo)
- Introduction by Paul Weller
- Period photos and memorabilia
- Housed in full-colour rigid slipcase
- Voucher to download MP3 versions of the albums
- In The City
- This Is The Modern World
- All Mod Cons
- Setting Sons
- Sound Affects
- The Gift
- Extras-Special - Singles: 1977 to 1982 (Volume One)
- Extras-Special - Singles: 1977 to 1982 (Volume Two)