Vancouver duo Japandroids' long awaited follow-up to their critically-acclaimed 2009 debut, Post-Nothing, will see its release this summer. Celebration Rock will be available June 5th on Polyvinyl Record Co. On May 15, Brian King (vocals, guitar) and Dave Prowse (vocals, drums) will release the first single off the record, The House That Heaven Built as the 4th installment of their 7” series, which also features a B-Side cover of Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds’ Jack The Ripper. Listen to the track at www.japandroids.com or read more about the release below.
King recently talked to Pitchfork about recording the album, which was created in Vancouver at The Hive with engineer Jesse Gander, who they had previously worked with on Post-Nothing:
"On a lot of this new record, we actually tried to simulate the sound of what we thought the crowd would do during the songs," says King. "Dave and I were in the studio just screaming out as if we were in the audience at our own show."
Read the full Pitchfork story here:
Celebration Rock, featuring eight new tracks, will be available on CD/LP/Digital. There is also a limited edition of 1,000 on 180-gram red vinyl available for pre-order at http://polyvinylrecords.com/celebrationrock
Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to the stream of Japandroids’ new single, The House That Heaven Built, the band has decided to move up its digital release - it's available now. It also features a b-side of Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds' Jack The Ripper. The 7” will still be available on May 15.
Starting mid-May, Japandroids will head out on what will be a long road of touring. Dates are below.
Japandroids 2012 UK dates
- 17/5 Cardiff Club Ifor Bach
- 18/5 Brighton Green Door Store
- 19/5 Netherlands London Calling/ Paradiso
- 21/5 Bristol Cooler
- 22/5 London CAMP Basement
- 23/5 Manchester Soup Kitchen
- 24/5 Glasgow King Tuts
- 25/5 Leeds Cockpit 2
- 28/5 London Garage
More information / press enquiries
Don't miss great Prescription stories and content
- Get our press releases delivered to your inbox - subscribe at www.prescriptionmusicpruk.com/press-releases/
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/prescriptionpr
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/prescriptionpr
- Subscribe via RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/prescriptionpr
- Get our free must-have tips and advice on music promotion - subscribe to The Prescription e-newsletter.
- Visit www.prescriptionpr.co.uk to find out more about our music PR and band promotion services.