Single release: Claustrophobia by Sharliza Jelita
Release date: Feb 27 2012
The enigmatic Sharliza Jelita returns this February 27 2011 with her brand new "eclectro" pop single Claustrophobia. The follow up to 2011’s No Go Pogo’ and Is That Your Underwear On The Floor?, this single marks the third release to be taken from her forthcoming album Strange Things.
Sharliza's life is one furnished with events that have served as a rich pallet of inspiration. Orphaned at 15, she travelled to a variety of different countries, encountering a wide range of different lifestyles and people. Her varied experience and eccentric outlook on life makes for observational songwriting with a sense of humour that goes beyond the usual pop song topics of partying, misguided arrogance and sex. Claustrophobia is about living an anonymous, monotonous life in a dirty city and wanting to leave, if not for money and distracting computer games.
It was the likes of Duran Duran, Suede and Radiohead that drew Sharliza Jelita to UK shores. She fronted a band called the Rrrs and quickly became guitarist in the electro-pop collective Death Metal Disco Scene (featured in Dorian Lynskey’s First Sight feature in The Guardian). Sharliza’s own solo work owes more to the influence of Hot Chip, Stereolab and the flamboyance of Janelle Monae.
Now based in London, her live performances are what draw in the crowds, regularly throwing in all manner of theatrical props from mechanical rabbits, feathers and flying fridge magnets, which have led to her shows being described as ‘Hot Chip meets Sesame Street’.
Sharliza's quirkiness, steely determination and positivity underscores all that she does. Call it what you like - it’s simply great pop music.
More information / press enquiries
Don't miss great Prescription stories and content
- Get our press releases delivered to your inbox - subscribe at www.prescriptionmusicpruk.com/press-releases/
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/prescriptionpr
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/prescriptionpr
- Subscribe via RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/prescriptionpr
- Get our free must-have tips and advice on music promotion - subscribe to The Prescription e-newsletter.
- Visit www.prescriptionpr.co.uk to find out more about our music PR services.