Following the heavy demand for tickets for their April 2011 shows, seminal Derry band The Undertones are continuing to celebrate their 35th Anniversary by scheduling more live dates for December 2011. As during the April shows, they will play their debut album, The Undertones, in its entirety and are appealing for members of their original fan club to get in touch.
It’s been a long road from their first show in February 1976 at St Mary’s Scout Hall in Derry, but 2011 has seen resurgence in interest in the band with shows in the UK, Europe and America.
As in April, the band are keen to reacquaint themselves with members of their former fan club, the ‘Rocking Humdingers Club’, and have put out a Missing Persons Search. Mickey Bradley of the band says: ‘‘We recently came across the original membership book from 1982 containing the names of the Rocking Humdingers and thought it would be good to see them again. The response in April was great and as some members could not make the shows then, we hope they will be able to this time.”
The band hope to hear from these long-time fans and have promised the first 50 who get in touch free entry into a show of their choice, a copy of The Very Best Of The Undertones and a tour t-shirt. Those interested should contact the band via at: email@example.com (this offer is not open to those who did come in April.)
In addition to the extra live dates, the band are releasing their most recent two CDs - 2003's “Get What You Need” and 2007's “Dig Yourself Deep” - digitally in December 2011.
01/12/2011 Inverness, Ironworks
02/12/2011 Darlington, Inside / Out
03/12/2011 Leamington Spa, The Assembly
04/12/2011 Portsmouth, Wedgewood Rooms
08/12/2011 Gloucester, Guildhall
09/12/2011 Leeds, Cockpit
10/12/2011 Brighton, Concorde 2
- For more information about the tour dates, please visit www.theundertones.com.
- For press queries, please contact us.
Don't miss great Prescription stories and content
- Get our press releases delivered to your inbox - subscribe at www.prescriptionmusicpruk.com/press-releases/
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/prescriptionpr
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/prescriptionpr
- Subscribe via RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/prescriptionpr
- Get our free must-have tips and advice on music promotion - subscribe to The Prescription e-newsletter.
- Visit www.prescriptionpr.co.uk to find out more about our music PR services.