EP Release: The Diving Bell EP
Release date: 5 September 2011
Label: Un-Famous Records
Lead by long-time friends Michael Champion (vocals / guitar) and David Phu (guitar), City of Glass first appeared on the Vancouver music scene in the summer of 2008. Driven by their passion for pop melodies, minimalism and dance music, the talented duo are best known for their meticulously crafted synthscapes, clean riffs, snappy beats and thoughtful vocals. Drummer Alex Cumming joins City of Glass to form their powerful yet understated live show. The Cure, Foals, Whitest Boy Alive and Radiohead are among the band’s influences, yet City of Glass boast a style that’s all their own.
Following the July 2009 release of their debut EP, Equations, the band embarked on several Canadian tours, played to full-house crowds in their home of Vancouver and performed at the Telus World Ski & Snowboard Festival 2 years in a row. With critical acclaim, a growing fanbase ensued.
Scheduled for release on September 5 2011, The Diving Bell EP marks a confident step forward for City of Glass. The four-song recording highlights two tracks from the forthcoming full length debut (Sticks & Stones and Tourist) scheduled for release in early 2012 following recording sessions in Berlin. The Diving Bell EP has evolved from the clean and catchy foundations of equations to focus more on progressive rhythms and darker, more emotive themes.
In August the band arrives in the UK and will appear live on:
August 18 2011 - Hope N Anchor, London
August 26 2011 - Prince Albert, London
For all press enquiries please contact Jay Taylor on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07554 010716
Don't miss great Prescription stories and content
- Get our press releases delivered to your inbox - subscribe at www.prescriptionmusicpruk.com/press-releases/
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/prescriptionpr
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/prescriptionpr
- Subscribe via RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/prescriptionpr
- Get our free must-have tips and advice on music promotion - subscribe to The Prescription e-newsletter.
- Visit www.prescriptionpr.co.uk to find out more about our music PR services.